Monday, January 21, 2008

GO GO GRAPEFRUIT!!!!!!!!!!!



I am on a kick ass new way of life. I am feeling pretty damn good about it too.
I have since lost almost 2 pounds in the past week. Thats great. Only 30 more do i need to lose....ha ha ha

i am actually enjoying this new portion observing crazy workout life of mine.
i am not denying myself anything. i am just so excited that this new way of life seems to make me feel so much better than i ever thought. My blender was possibly the best appliance we ever bought.

Now...here is an article on FABSUGAR.com that I think you should read.

Remember the Grapefruit Diet from that wonderful decade the 80s? I just read a new variation of the diet – a half grapefruit with every meal, and I am not quite sure how I feel about it. While this new take on the diet is not nearly as extreme as just eating limitless portions of grapefruit and a few hard boiled eggs to keep you from fainting, it still seems a bit overboard.

A 2006 study found that beginning every meal with half a grapefruit can help shed unwanted pounds. In a 12-week study, participants who had half grapefruit starters at every meal, lost on average 3.6 pounds compared to others who were not eating the large citrus fruit and only lost on average one pound. Researchers think that plant compounds help to lower insulin levels and the smaller the amount of insulin in the blood after a meal, the more efficiently the body uses food for energy rather than storing it as fat.

I don't know about you, but the thought of starting every meal with a half a grapefruit for four months sounds unappetizing to me, and I love grapefruit. Grapefruit is in season right now though, so the fruit would be extra tasty and cheap. What about you? Tell me about it in the comments section below.

xoxo
Marisa:)

No comments: